This entire chapter is dedicated to the 21st century competencies and skills and how to implement them with intention.
- In what ways can you minimize your focus on content acquisition and increase your focus on twenty first century skills?
- During which activities can you imagine giving your students feedback on twenty first century skills, rather than content understanding?
- Which units or lessons would allow you to teach practice and improve a specific twenty first century skill within it?
- By the end of the year, on which twenty first century skills do you hope your students will have made strong improvements? why?
- what can you do to encourage reflection after important learning activities to improve retention?
- How often do you or your students set goals and track progress towards those goals? How can this become a more essential component or your instruction?
- What can you do to plan units and activities that maximize your use of time and incorporate twenty first century skills effectively?